Terms and Conditions set out the expectations for both the client and the Therapist to ensure that both sides are protected if any disagreement occurs. A copy will be emailed to clients on booking the initial appointment, this email will also confirm the time, date and location of the initial assessment. A signed copy should be brought to the initial appointment. The Therapist can post out a hard copy to the client for them to sign if requested.
Fees and Payment of Fees
- All fees must be made in advance or prior to the start of the session. An invoice will be attached to the initial email confirming the time and date of the initial assessment session.
- A £50 non refundable deposit must be paid at the time of booking an initial assessment to secure the appointment. This will be deducted from the cost of the initial assessment fee which will be due before the end of the appointment.
- Fees can be paid for in cash, card or bank transfer. WIth bank transfers the client must use their surname or invoice number as reference for the payment.
- Fees are reviewed annually and a copy of the current pricing structure can be found on the website. Clients can request a PDF copy of current fees for their records.
- Invoices will be sent at the start of every month for the month ahead. If any sessions are cancelled then the clients will be offered an immediate refund or a reduction against their bill the following month. *where applicable according to the cancellation policy below
- By the Therapist
- If the Therapist cancels an appointment the session can be rearranged at a time that is convenient for both the client and the therapist at no extra cost
- By the Client
- More than 48 hours notice – If the client cancels the session with more than 48 hours notice before the start of the appointment then the session can be rearranged at no cost
- 24-48 hours notice – If the client cancels the session with 24-48 hours notice then there will be a charge 50% of the booked session fee
- Less than 24 hours/ If you do not inform me of a cancellation – The session will be charged at full price.
- It is the parents responsibility to inform the therapist if the child cannot make the session within school/nursery/home
- If the session is cancelled due to a COVID-19 related illness then the above conditions will apply. There will be a 14 day gap before sessions are allowed to resume again and sessions within this time period will be charged at 50%
- If the client wishes to end therapy before treatment is complete there will be a months notice period required. At the time of notice being given an invoice will be sent for the remaining sessions for the notice period. This will need paying in advance.
If your child is seeing a NHS Speech and Language Therapist you must inform me in writing to ensure effective treatment. Some formal assessments may be invalid if repeated within a 6 month time period
- Information will be treated confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act 1998
- I hold a Data Controller registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- I hold a current DBS check for your peace of mind. If clients wish for the therapist to carry out sessions in schools or nurseries then they may require the therapist to obtain an additional DBS. If this is the case, the responsibility for paying the DBS check will be negotiated between the therapist, client and the educational setting.
- I hold current RCSLT membership, HCPC membership and ASLTIP membership
- I store information in paper and electronic format.
- All paper based records are kept in a lockable filing cabinet at my home address
- All electronic information is password protected. Where reports are emailed to you they will be password protected PDF documents and the password will be sent in a separate email.
- Information will be kept until your child’s 25th birthday and then shredded.
Medico-Legal work and tribunals:
This is not an area where I provide support at this time. Therapists offering this service can be found on www.helpwithtalking.com
Most complaints can be resolved by communicating directly. Please contact me if you are concerned or unsatisfied in any way. If you wish to complain formally then please contact the Association of Speech and Language Therapist in Independent Practice at www.helpwithtalking.com.
Terms and Conditions last updates April 2021